Sandbox Immersive Festival (SIF), announced that the second edition will take place June 24-30, 2019 in Qingdao, China. SIF is China’s first cross-media festival dedicated to promote immersive and interactive storytelling in all media format. Submissions open today on 1st March for VR/AR/MR Experiences, Immersive Artwork, Immersive Installations and Performances, Interactive Films, Interactive Storytelling Games, Spatial Audio Experiences as well as Branded Immersive Experiences.
This year, SIF is going to present 50 projects in its competition and non-competition screening. The competition continues to honor the best immersive projects from across the world with six awards: Best Immersive Storytelling, Best Immersive Experience, Best Immersive Art, Best Immersive Marketing, Best Chinese Work and the Grand Jury Award. Past winners includeHold The World(Factory 42), The Real Thing(DV Group) , Wolves In The Wall(Fable Studios), Shennong: Taste of Illusion(Pinta Studios) and The Day The World Change(Tomorrow Never Knows).
In addition to premium content showcase, SIF will host a half-day pitch track to introduce emerging artists and encourage originality. By providing technology, financial and distribution resources, SIF pitch track will continue to discover new voices in global immersive space and cultivate talents in Asia market and beyond.
Last year’s festival celebrated the first and biggest gathering of global thought leaders in immersive industry, invited more than 100 speakers from worldwide, including Ted Schilowitz (Paramount Studios), Jennifer Cook (Dreamscape Immersive), Sean Stewart (Magic Leap), Kent Bye (Voices of VR), Shari Frilot (Sundance New Frontier), Liz Rosenthal and Michel Reilhac (Venice VR), Michael Muller (Muller Photo), Joanna Popper (HP), Noah Nelson (No Proscenium), Jesse Damiani (Galatea/VRScout) just to name a few. SIF 2018 showcase presented 49 immersive projects from around the world.
Sandbox Immersive Festival is founded in 2018 by Eddie Lou, with curating partner Lin Che, event producer Juno You and creative partner Eric Shamlin.
VRrOOm is collaborating with Sandbox Immersive Festival as online screening partner to bring part of the SIF’s AR and VR selection to the VRrOOm XR app. Free to access globally in streaming mode only, the virtual extension of SIF will allow creators and producers to benefit from an international visibility from 30th June to 31st July.
Official Selection: May 5th, 2019
Pitching Session: May 24th, 2019
Hoe to submit to the official selection:
1. Submitted works should be completed within the twelve months prior to the festival.
2. No restrictions of time duration. Projects ranges from VR, AR, MR and any other immersive installations and performances are all welcome. Please refer to the entry form for the details.
3. The one who submit the projects should be the holder of all usage rights to it, and should guarantee that the project has no copyright flaws.
4. To submit your work to official selection, please complete the online entry form: https://goo.gl/forms/XCXbnvqRM71J9uDm1
How to submit a pitch project:
1. Submitted project must be an original work
2. Submitted project must have at least complete concept design.
3. Submitted project should specify the state of the development and resource required.
4. Please send full deck and information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any question, please feel to contact Sandbox Immersive Festival：
Official Selection: email@example.com
Pitching Session: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: email@example.com
Official Website: http://www.sandboxif.com